AN INNOVATIVE CONCEPT OPENS UP NEW PERSPECTIVES FOR THE POSTBANK TOWER
The aluminium-glass facade of the 23-storey Postscheckamt on Hallesches Ufer reminds us of New York’s Seagram Building by Mies van der Rohe. Yet even classical modern buildings fall out of fashion at some time if they are no longer up-to-date and no longer fulfil their purpose. From 2017, the Postscheckamt will get a new lease of life: the CG Group AG will transform the 89 metre-high office building into a Vertical Village called XBerg Tower according to the designs of prize-winning architects Eike Becker_Architekten, creating an imposing landmark in the many-facetted new XBerg quarter.
|Sales volume (GDV):||150,900,000 EUR|
|Total area of the land:||6,128 m²|
|Area for rent/sale:||24,728 m²|
|Car parking spaces:||51||51 underground parking|
|Year of construction:||1971|
|Year of refurbishment:||2022|
|Object condition:||First time use after refurbishment|
|Heating type:||Central heating|
|Major Energy Carrier:||district heating|
|Energy certificate:||energy certificate required|
|Units:||288 (42–82 m²)|
Letting of apartments will begin during the shell construction phase.
The property is to be sold turnkey and fully leased to a capital investment company.
Berlin is the capital city and the seat of government of Germany. The city state of Berlin is an independent federated state of Germany and is the center of the Berlin/Brandenburg Metropolitan Region. Berlin is the largest and the most populous city in Germany and the second largest city in the European Union.
Berlin is an important political, cultural, scientific and media center of Europe. The metropolis is an important traffic junction and is one of the most visited cities of the continent. Berlin’s outstanding institutions such as universities, research institutions, theatres and museums have gained international recognition. Therefore it is an attractive magnet for tourists and artists from over the world.
More than 80 percent of the companies based there are from the service sector. In particular, organic and medical technologies, pharmacy, art, media, information and communication technologies belong to the growth industries of the city. The biggest companies based in Berlin are Siemens, Deutsche Bahn and Vattenfall Europe.
|Macro environment area:||892 km²|
|Macro environment population:||3,610,000|
|Macro environment population density:||4,047 Einwohner je km²|
|Macro environment unemployment rate:||9.5 %|
|Macro environment purchase power index:||91.4|
- Berlin’s trendy Kreuzberg district
- The distance to Potsdamer Platz and to Checkpoint Charlie is 1.5km, the “Landwehrkanal”, a ship canal of the River Spree, is directly at the property.
- The distance to Alexanderplatz is 3.5km and to the Brandenburg gate is 2km.
- The Möckernbrücke underground station is directly opposite the property.
- The distance to A100 motorway is 4.5km, to the A115 10km. The airport is 10km away and distance to the Berlin Main Railway Station is 4km or five bus stops away.
- Shopping and retail space are also on the property.
|Micro environment area:||20.20 km²|
|Micro environment population:||275,691|
|Micro environment population density:||13,508 Einwohner je km²|
|Micro environment purchase power index:||83.8|
|Distance to city centre:||1.5 km|
|Distance to railway station:||3.5 km|
|Distance to motorway:||3.5 km|
|Distance to nursery:||0.2 km|
|Distance to local public transport:||0.1 km|
|Distance to school:||0.2 km|
- The conversion of an existing commercial building to commercial and residential property.
- An underground car park will be built in the basement. The ground floor will contain retail and dining areas, and a sky-bar will be located on the 22nd floor.
- The co-working and temporary-residency areas will be located on the 2nd to 4th floor. Residential units are situated on the 5th to the 21st floor.
- A comprehensive development of the neighbourhood is taking place in the direct vicinity.
Urban Land-use Planning
- Building site plan No VI-46 from 1971
- Type of use: Mixed area with public use
- Decision for the building site plan process from 20 November 2015
- Building application from 17 November 2015
- The legal building site plan is expected in October 2017
- The building permit is expected in March 2018