Above the rooftops in Dusseldorf
The capital of North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW) is one of the most significant, internationally connected economic centres in Germany and the most popular location for foreign investment. Dusseldorf is booming in terms of both its population and the labour market. As if it were called upon, the Vertical Village project UpperNord Tower arrives with over 400 modern apartments. The name says it all: with an imposing height of 120m and 36 storeys, the tower will enhance Dusseldorf’s skyline with an unmistakable landmark and present its residents with breathtaking views.
As part of the Dusseldorf city development concept, this sophisticated project is located at the “Mörsenbroicher Ei”, which marks the northern entrance to the city and is one of its main traffic hubs. The outstanding transport connections to the city centre and the airport will serve to benefit the big city’s mobile professionals, for whom the space-optimised flats are primarily designed, and who, for example, work for international companies and only have a short-term commitment in Dusseldorf.
The UpperNord Tower has yet more to offer: co-working spaces, an extensive fitness and spa area as well as a sky-bar on the 35th floor, one entire floor to serve as a dedicated boarding house, diverse restaurants on the ground floor and, last but not least, multiple levels of affordable housing. Optionally, a variety of services can be requested to make residency even easier.
A 3-star hotel with 128 comfortable and modern rooms will be built and attached to the building. The hotel will have a restaurant and its own fitness and spa area. The hotel floors will be developed over an impressive and well-lit five-storey atrium, the ground floor of which will house the sizeable hotel lounge and bar.
The “VauVau” Concept
With the Vertical Village, the CG Group is developing an innovative concept for the modern interconnectedness of working, living and residing in inner city locations. Under the VauVau trademark, unused commercial property is transformed into space-optimised apartment buildings with flexible layouts and multifunctional features. Co-working and communal areas, such as the marketplace with its offerings of dining and recreation, combine the sense of community in these “stacked villages” with the contemporary needs of urban living. Optional services and an upscale partial or complete furnishing underline the attractiveness of the VauVau concept, particularly for temporary use by mobile professionals.
|Sales volume (GDV):||175,000,000 EUR|
|Area for rent/sale:||29,200 m²|
|Car parking spaces:||228|
|Construction period:||December 2018 to June 2022|
|Object condition:||mint condition|
|Heating type:||Central heating|
|Major Energy Carrier:||district heating|
|Energy certificate:||no information|
Letting of apartments will begin during the shell construction phase.
The property will be sold turnkey and fully leased to a capital investment company.
|Macro environment area:||217 km²|
|Macro environment population:||612,000|
|Macro environment population density:||2,816 Einwohner je km²|
|Macro environment unemployment rate:||7.8 %|
|Macro environment purchase power index:||119.3|
- Together with the ARAG high-rise, this landmark construction in the Mörsenbroich area of Dusseldorf will make up the northern entrance to the city.
- “Campus Derendorf” of the Dusseldorf University of Applied Sciences lies 750m from the property, and the zoo 1km.
- The nearest underground station, Heinrichstrasse, is just 250m from the property.
- The distances to the motorways A3 and A52 are 9km and 8km respectively. The airport is 6km or two commuter railway stations away, and the main railway station is 4km away.
- It’s just 3.5km to the city centre, and leisure activities on the bank of the Rhine can be enjoyed only 3km away.
- Within a 500m radius, there are several restaurants and a supermarket.
|Distance to city centre:||3.5 km|
|Distance to railway station:||4.0 km|
|Distance to motorway:||8.0 km|
|Distance to nursery:||0.5 km|
|Distance to local public transport:||0.2 km|
|Distance to school:||0.9 km|
- The renovation of a 120-metre-tall apartment tower with 35 storeys.
- The basement level will house an underground car park, the ground floor a restaurant, and the 35th floor a sky-bar.
- Floors 1 through 3 will contain areas for co-working and temporary residency, floors 4 through 9 will contain affordable housing units, and residential units built according to the VauVau concept will be found on floors 10 and above.
Urban Land-use Planning
- Project-related binding site plan No 02/008 from 2 January 2017; legally valid